Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Free Printables + Backgrounds!

WOO!

To be honest until 7 days ago I've been dreading this year. Until 7 days ago I've being trying to think of how to ignore, skip past, or prevent this year. This year I turn 30. :deep breath: Even typing that took all my resolve. I kid you not, I paused for a couple minutes psyching myself up to type those two little numbers in a row. 30. I feel unending bliss about my life. I'm incredibly blessed with all that I have. Of course things are not always easy, things are not always perfect, but such is the way of life at all points along the road. I was commenting to my friend, Callie, on her latest house remodeling project and she said the most inspiring sentence to me, "It's a great year to turn 30! ;)" I knew from that moment that a hand lettered chalkboard drawing was in my near future. Hell yes it's an effing amazing year to turn 30. I would rather turn 30 this year than last year or even :fake gasps: next year. Take that social construction.



There is something about blank chalkboards that make me breath easier. Something about hand lettering that makes me melt a little on the inside. Put the two together and you have an easy breathing melty artist, me. I can't think of a more fulfilling way to realizing such a personal and powerful quote.


Here is a list of links to all the different image resolutions/types. Spread the love and ENJOY!

Callie, thanks again for being my lovely muse on this one. She is one talented and ambitious lady. Check out her blog, House-Capades, where she tackles remodeling, physics and foster kitties.

3 comments:

  1. Gabe I loooove it!! Heck yes it's an awesome year to turn 30! Love. It. And your chalkboard drawing skills rock my world. How did I not know you have a blog!? Bookmarking it now!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks sooooo much! I couldn't have done it without you. As for the blog, it's mostly unknown because it fell by the wayside for the entirety of 2011. Oops.

      Delete