Friday, December 13, 2013

Ooo. Aaa.

I have embarked on the great branding journey. I started a few weeks ago with re-skinning this blog and creating a matching banner for my Etsy storefront as a test run of sorts. Opening my storefront earlier this week really forced me to sit down and research packaging which then led me to thinking about business cards which then led me to redesigning my website. This cascading of events all came down to fonts. To provide a consistent and solid brand, I wanted to start by selecting a font that I could applying across all platforms (banners, websites, business cards, packaging, etc). For me the best place to get a real sense of a font is my website. Trying things out on a website doesn't cost me any extra money like printing test business cards or doesn't involve save banner files in Illustrator and then uploading them to a blog or Etsy. So into the web designing I dove Thursday morning and this is where I landed:
I couldn't be happier about how my website is shaping up. I'm still working on ensuring the site is responsive for desktops, phones, and tablets. I also still need to work out how I want to display all my art work and write the jQuery which is why the full site won't go live until the end of January. But now I'm going to let the site marinate for a few days before ordering business cards!

And for reference this what my website looked like before today:
Previous Website Design

No comments:

Post a Comment