Monday, August 4, 2014

February thru July Reminiscing

I am slowly coming out of my unplanned hiatus. The first half of this year turned out to be full of all kinds of happy surprises. The highlights are as follows:
  • I'm pregnant, but it turns out pregnancy isn't my cup of tea. Can't wait for the tiny human to show up at the end of October though.
  • I've recently escaped the great north and relocated with my little growing family to sunny, warm North Carolina. The whole move has consumed an enormous amount of time from house hunting trips to packing up our whole house and unpacking it all again (still not done with that last bit either).
  • Having recently moved, my new studio is still buried under boxes and waiting for me to build a new desk and some addition storage so I can start unpacking. BUT the new studio is bigger!

I'm so grateful to leave the long, grey days of Wisconsin behind in favor for the sunny warmth of North Carolina. While Wisconsin can be grey, overcast for days on end so far North Carolina can't seem to stay grey for a whole day even when it's rainy. I have a whole new city to explore that seems to be brimming with possibilities for an artist. I'm excited to slowly dive in and see what I find in-between all the naps I have to take because I've learned growing a baby is hard work.

Now that I've emerged from the fog of life I hope to jump right back into posting weekly. If I had to hazard a guess as to what the next few months would look like on this blog I would say one might see pages from my sketchbook, the development of my new studio, features about other artists I'm stalking (perhaps with an emphasis on North Carolina artists?) and continuing my monthly recaps complete with highlights from my instagram account among other things.

From the archives > some old sketchbookings

No comments:

Post a Comment